Advanced Placement (AP) Classes
Advanced Placement (AP) courses are designed to teach college-level curriculum. AP courses are usually challenging and stimulating and - compared to other high school courses - often take more time, require more work, and go into greater depth, but they also give greater opportunity for individual progress and accomplishment. At the end of the year, AP exams are offered for all courses. Students who take the exam and receive a qualifying score may receive college credit for that course. AP exams are scored on a scale of 1 to 5. Colleges set their own policies regarding acceptance of credit from an AP exam score. In most cases a score of 3 or higher must be met before a college will award the student credit.
For more information regarding AP courses & exams, please go to www.collegeboard.org
ATTENTION: AP Exams for the 2016-2017 school year will go on sale Monday, January 30, 2017. You will be able to purchase the exams online, through the link provided on the front of the Bingham Miners website (www.binghamminers.org) or here at: https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/450020. Exams will be on sale through Sunday, March 12, 2017. Late registration will begin Monday, March 13, 2017 and continue through Friday, March 17, 2017. An additional $10.00 fee is assessed for late registration.
Bingham High School currently offers the following AP Courses:
AP Fee Reduction Instructions
- Go to Total Registration and order your test(s).
- Check the box that asks if you are eligible for Free/Reduced Lunch or a school fee waiver. You will not be able to complete the order at this time. Total Registration will notify Ms. Easton for an approval.
- Bring a copy of your approval for Free/Reduced Lunch that you received from the district to the Bingham Counseling Office. Ms. Easton will then be able to approve you for the fee reduction of $66.00.
- After you have been approved, you can go back to Total Registration and pay the reduced fee. After payments is made your test will be ordered. Make sure payment is made by the due date.
If you have additional questions, please contact Elizabeth Easton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
AP Testing & Pre-Administration Dates:
The Pre-Administration for the AP exams will be given on the following dates:
- Monday, April 17, 2017 @ 2:30p.m.
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017 @ 6:30a.m.