April Scholarship Deadlines
PSA Scholarship Contest
The theme for this video contest is "We Will." It is intended to be a call to action for peers to support each other in preventing addiction and protecting sobriety.
- all videos are due by 11:59 pm on April 12, 2017
- videos must be students' own work; all film festival rules apply
- videos will be up to 60 seconds long
- participants are encouraged to attend the Utah High School Film Festival
- each student/group may submit up to two videos
FIrst place: $600 scholarship Second place: $300 scholarship Third place: $100 scholarship
*These should be PG rated films capable of being shown on commercial television during family viewing times. Therefore, you are urged to refrain from showing or glamorizing explicit drug use, tobacco or alcohol consumption in any way. Violence of any type is unacceptable. Sexual references, innuendo, and dramatization are unacceptable. The use of profanity is prohibited. Follow state "safe school" policies.
Eligible grade: 12
Signet Classics Student Scholarship Essay Contest
We are proud to host our 21st annual Signet Classics Student Scholarship Essay Contest, in which five high school juniors or seniors can each win a $1,000 scholarship award to be used toward their higher education plus a Signet Classics library for their school! Essays must be submitted by a high school English teacher on behalf of students who write an essay on one of five topics for this year's competition book, The Tempest. Open to 11th and 12th grade full-time matriculated students who are attending high schools located in the fifty United States, or home-schooled students between the ages of 16-18 who are residents of the fifty United States.
How to Enter:
Four (4) copies of the essay must be mailed by an English teacher on behalf of the student (each English teacher may submit only one junior and one senior essay) along with a cover letter on school letterhead that includes the following details:
Eligible grade: 11, 12
The Pepsi Generation Excellence Cash Award - SLCC
The Pepsi Generation Excellence Cash Award may be received once during your enrollment at SLCC and/or SAT. If you are not selected, you may submit a new application for the next semester. Award amounts will be based on expected enrollment. All applicants will be notified, by mail, after scholarship recipients are determined. You must meet the following requirements to be considered:
Amount: 7 credit hours - $300; 8 or more credit hours - $500; 15 full-time SAT program - $500
Deadline: Fall semester - June 1
Spring semester - November 15
Summer semester - April 15
Eligible grade: 12 and/or SLCC student
Utah EMBA Alumni Service Scholarship
Alumni of the University of Utah Executive MBA program have created this scholarship as a way to give back to you as a student and to the community you live in.
Eligibility: You must be a full time student in good standing at any four year college or university in Utah during the 2017-18 school year. Applicants must be willing to plan and execute a service project between the application due date and July 31, 2017.
Eligible grade: 12
Willy the Plumber Scholarship
These awards are made to further the education or training of students whose parents or guardians have been or are incarcerated. The fund was established by Karl Winsness, who spent years in prison and knows the impact that schooling can have on young people and their dreams.
Eligible grade: 12
Distinguished Young Women Scholarship Program
Participating in this program will help teach and build valuable life skills and award cash scholarships. This money can be used for the college of your choice and can be used for school related items outside of tuition.
Participants will be judged in the following 5 areas:
- scholastics (GPA, ACT or SAT scores and extracurricular activities)
- fitness (participants will learn a choreographed routine and be judged on energy, stamina and strength)
- interview (judges will interview each participant for 10 minutes)
- talent (participants will perform a 90-second talent to be judged on technical difficulty, execution, and self-confidence)
- self-expression (participants will answer a question onstage, evaluated on composure, poise and self-assurance)
Eligible grade: 11
Transition to Adult Living Scholarship
The scholarship is designed to assist qualified youth who are transitioning out of state foster care or the unaccompanied refugee minor program to complete a post-secondary education program (degree or certificate) at one of the Utah System of Higher Education Institutions. Private donors in partnership with the Utah Educational Savings Plan sponsor the scholarship. Applicants will be selected based on their strong desire to complete a post-secondary program of study, potential for academic success, and financial need. Students who are awarded the scholarship are required to participate in extra-curricular activities and meet regularly with a mentor.
To be eligible for consideration, the student must:
Eligible grade: 12
The Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes
Each year, the Barron Prize welcomes nominations of public-spirited young people who meet the following criteria:
- The service activity cannot have been done solely to complete an assignment for school or work.
- shown initiative, tenacity, and unselfishness in pursuit of their goals.
- accomplished something with inspirational value - something that could inspire others to make a difference.
- done more than survive a difficult personal challenge. Their heroism must have made an impact on the world beyond themselves.
Eligible grade: 10, 11, 12