August/September Scholarship Deadlines
Hansen Injury Law Firm Scholarship
Individuals whose lives have been negatively impacted by a car crash, bicycle accident, or other events leading to personal injuries.
- Must be accepted into a college or university in the US
- Must have a cummulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Must have been negatively impacted by a car crash, bicycle accident, or other events leading to personal injuries
Eligible grade: 12
Christensen & Hymas Scholarship
Lawyers, Kenneth Christensen and Russell Hymas, are pleased to offer this scholarship to high school students. To qualitfy, you must:
- be currently enrolled in or have been accepted to (and planning to attend) a University or College in the US
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- submit a transcript verifying your GPA
Eligible grade: 12
Distinguished Young Women Scholarship
Distinguished Young Women is a national scholarship program that inspires high school girls to develop their full, individual potential through a fun, transformative experience that culminates in a celebratory showcase of their accomplishments: by encouraging continued education and providing college scholarships; by developing self-confidence and the abilities to interview effectively, to speak in public, to perform on stage and to build interpersonal relationships; by encouraging and showcasing excellence in academic achievement, physical fitness, on-stage performance skills, and the ability to think and communicate clearly; and by creating opportunities to beneficially inspire the lives of others.
Distinguished Young Women believes that every young woman has the potential to reach her own goals in life, regardless of her outward appearance or economic status.
Participants earn scholarships and medallions to signify the organization's emphasis on academic achievement and all-around excellence. Participants are provided opportunities to teach young people how to live a healthy life, the importance of education, and self-esteem through the Be Your Best Self Program.
1. Scholastic (based on transcripts from high school and standardized tests)
2. Interview (10 minutes with judges in a business-like suite)
3. Talent (90 seconds of your best performance)
4. Fitness (a routine taught to you with emphasis on fun)
5. Self Expression (answering a question for about 30 seconds in a special "after 5" fancy knee length dress)
DO YOU HAVE A GREAT ATTITUDE? ARE YOU FITNESS MINDED? DO YOU STRIVE TO BE YOUR BEST SELF? DO YOU HAVE A PERFORMING TALENT? DO YOU HAVE A GPA OF 3.5 OR GREATER? Log on to www.distinguishedyw.org and apply today!
Contact: Lois Wille (801) 792-1287; email@example.com
Eligible Grade: 11
<Page 1, Page 2>