January Scholarship Deadlines
First Degree Scholarship
First Degree Scholarship’s goal is to help those who are the first in their family to obtain a college degree. Scholarship recipients will receive mentoring through high school and college, which will help them prepare for success in their post-high school education and career. The scholarship will pay for tuition and fees for up to eight semesters at a State College or University of Utah. Students are only eligible if family income is less than $75,000.
The scholarship is for high school sophomores who reside in Salt Lake County, Utah. Students are not eligible if a parent or stepparent has graduated with a bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the United States. Students are only eligible if family income is less than $75,000.
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Amount: Tuition and fees for up to 8 semesters at a Utah College or University
Eligible grade: 10th grade
CTE Scholarships and Tuition Awards are for outstanding Career and Technical Education (CTE) students. The awards cover up to one year of tuition. CTE Scholarships and Tuition Awards are open to any graduating senior student who plans to get CTE training after high school. This training must result in one of the following: an associate degree or less in a CTE area, or a bachelor's degree with a teaching credential in a CTE area.
Eligible grade: 12
National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAAA and UIAAA) Scholarship
This scholarship will recognize the distinguished scholastic, leadership, and citizenship attributes of high school student athletes, and the importance of high school athletics in each student's life.
- Applicant must be a senior
- Applicant must have achieved at least two of the following:
(A) minimum of B+ average
(B) ranked in the top 25% of class
(C) ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1100
- Applicant must have participated in two sports for at least two years in each sport
- Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of two sports
- Applicant must complete attached scholar/essay application
- School athletic director must be an NIAAA member and a member of their respective state athletic administrators association
- The principal or athletic director must sign the application to insure that the academic information submitted is accurate
- All hard copy materials must be postmarked or electronic materials sent to the NIAAA State Liaison in your respective state by your states deadline. Select you state at the bottom of the website Scholarship Page to view your states deadline and liaison information
Amount: $1500 - $2500
Eligible grade: 12